24 February 2013

What's to Come?

Besides me that is, and most likely several times. I usually lose count, but Sir does a pretty accurate job. He quests for it I think. Hehe.

My time with my Sir has gradually increased over the last year. Initially we met for a couple of weekends a month, doing our best to enjoy every single moment of that precious time together. I see Him much more frequently now which is wonderful. But I find we've had to exchange some of that preciousness when time was limited for what is actually the delicious comfort of being together more often. This is in no way a bad thing.



I adore delicious comfort. The laze of a Sunday spent in and out of naps, eating yummy leftovers, time spent always within His reach, and with His scent continually filling me.


Running mundane errands here and there, but which mean I get to be a help to Him.
                                                      and time in the car can be very fun...

Days where we eat three meals together are a chance to feel His care for me in the exquisite taste of the food he prepares.


And the nights. Well, the nights are anything but routine. Let's put it this way. I sleep far better with Him than I do without and that is not always due merely to His presence, though it is a big factor. Quite simply put, the Man wears me out!

Life's little necessities that keep things running smoothly are what I consider to be those little comforts. We are at ease with one another now. Know one another now in a way we never did when we were learning each other. And that learning has not stopped, nor do I think it will.

Do I wish we were still hiding ourselves away in B&B's for fulfilling sexy weekends? Yes, and no. We will again. That is to come. And I very much like our weekends now. Friday evenings full of laughter. Saturdays with full plates of activities, and quiet Sundays to rest and snuggle.
and we can always get our own paint cans...


Do I wish we were still going out to fancy meals in a city lit by window stars that never burn out? Yes, and no. I love the city. Love learning it with Him. Love seeing it through His eyes and hearing stories of what He did, where He did it and with whom He did it. But again. More of that is to come. Besides, only one of those meals out could ever compare to my Sir's cooking. Yes, Sir. I mean the crepes.


You know what? Even laundry is enjoyable when I do it with Sir. (Alright I admit it. I love to do laundry, but you get my drift.)


Sounds boring right? Where's the bowled over romance, Emily? Where is the delicious thrill of a D/s relationship? How could routine, real life, non-fantasy weeks and weekends spent with your Sir possibly fulfill you? Don't you want to know what's to come?

Let me tell you, dear readers.

The bowled over romance is in His eyes. The way they softly alight on my face and the smile that tickles them when he looks at me. The shine that is there when I catch a knowing glance or share a joke. It's in his constant concern for my well being. It's in the way He cherishes me, holds me and teaches me.


The thrill of D/s is always present. Just one look, a touch, a word that tells me I am HIS, or that I need to behave, get my red under control, so to speak. When he tells me what He wants me to wear, down to the tiniest detail on an evening He may or may not even see me, but will know I am doing as He has asked. It's in his words when He reminds me how strong I am and how far I have come; when He tells me He is proud. And please do not make the mistake of thinking that delicious comfort will ever mean we give up our play!


I am fulfilled by every monotonous action necessary to propel our daily lives, whether it is a trip to the grocery, a wall painted, or a sandwich eaten. Because in all of that...He is. Smiling, laughing, reminding, remedying, teaching, helping, touching, mentoring...loving.

Do I know what's to come? I have to admit, I don't. I love to borrow trouble and worry, though I am working to overcome it and learn that it's not what's to come that matters. What matters is, what's for now? And every day of "Now!" with my Sir is enjoyed to its pinnacle. So for me, what's to come is what's to come, and I will just hope it's more of what's now.

Emily


2 comments:

Let me hear from you please!