02 July 2012

Needy Subs

So I have been doing some considerable thinking and I would really love some input into this topic if you wouldn't mind.

Are submissives, by their very nature, considerably needy creatures? Or is it just me?

There are things I want..No! Things I expect to be in place when I give my submission to a Dominant.

I want to know that He will think of me often and consider my wants and desires.

I want to feel cherished, placed in the hold of His hands where nothing can harm me because I have His protection and watchfulness. Because I know that he has my best interests at heart with every little thing that He does concerning our relationship.

I want His care, His kindness, and yes, even His love. It is through these things that I know that my submission to Him is treated as the enormous gift that is is and not something that is easily replaceable. With His care I feel important to Him and wanted, even...needed. With His kindness I can find a place where I can grow and change. Where I can accept myself to be the amazing person He believes me to be. And with His love, I can feel that every gift I give to Him; that every thought I have of Him; every Yes, Sir; every good morning message; every small gift mailed; that every little thing I do to show how very important He is to me is not done in vain.

But...there is a caveat for me. I do not want a blind submissive slave relationship with someone. I want it to mean something. I want to know that the Cosmos has placed this person in my path for a reason, and maybe that reason is not simply because I give really good blow jobs and He has been lacking that particular skill for some time. But maybe because in addition to the fact that I will pretty much do whatever You tell me to do once you have earned my trust in that particular matter of things, I can also be a pretty good partner.

You know, someone to stand by Your side in times of trouble. Someone who is a good listener and wants the job of listening and trying to help when things go awry in Your life. Someone who actually wants to BE a part of your life and not standing on the sidelines watching everything through a series of texts and errant phone calls. Someone who cares a great deal for You and would very much like to know that You feel the same by Your actions, and not Your words. Someone who does not want to hear how much time you spend in cyberspace with me, but who wants to SEE that You feel my actions.

So, I am wondering. Does this make me needy?

Submissives come in many shapes, colors and sizes. And I am not talking about their physical characteristics, but rather, their emotional ones. Some need attention 24/7. That is where you are looking at some deep-seeded issues that could probably use some professional help.

Some need You to check in now and then, but for the most part they are fine on their own and do not really need You at all. Okay. I think it is fairly clear this is not a submissive at all, but rather someone who is playing at the game.

But some, and I am beginning to classify myself in this category, would like to have their needs met by their Dominants, and if the Dominant is unable to do so it leads us to wonder what in the world we should do. Be patient? Or be needy?

It is quite the conundrum.

Neediness often leads to trouble. The Dominant does not want to deal with it. He is off having Himself a good time in the world and wants to know that you are trying to do the same even if He is not with you, or you are not with Him. So do that.

Hmmm. I think I just set myself a puzzle. There is something about a good Dominant. Right? You want to serve their needs all the time. But when those needs war with your own idea of service this becomes a very difficult, if not impossible task.

You know what? Just email me your ideas. This is something that will take some time to wrap my mind around.

Thanks.

Emily














5 comments:

  1. I guess I will write the first comment by clarifying that it isn't as though the Dominant gets nothing for what He gives. If He gives, then He gets. Some people wish to be treated as they treat others. Other people will treat others as they are treated. Which one is the submissive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, there's no reason for a sub to not be needy. I mean, they give like everything to their masters, so when their masters can't see that they aren't giving back to their subs then that's a problem right? I don't know if subs are needy really but I think they give alot so they should get alot. Who else is going ta be there and give what they do all the time and take what is given without complaining. Or are you complaining, cuz I can't really tell? I'd have you for a sub in a newy york miunute. I love what you write and think you really get it all and you would be such a good little sub.
    I'll send you an email later cuz I think we're pretty close in geography,.
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily...what you wrote brought me to tears, because it so eloquently puts into words EXACTLY how I feel a Dom/sub relationship should be. I, too, have often wondered if I'm too needy...too clingy...I have wondered if my Master would prefer me to be more self-absorbed...not NEEDing to hear from Him every few hours. I know He cares about me in some small way and He is very kind to me and listens to my life's little troubles but to refer to your point of being a "good partner" --which I wish to be--He does not reciprocate by confiding His troubles to me. So am I unworthy? I think every submissive has a "seed" of neediness in them, as every Dominant has the seed of a controlling nature, and when a Dom and sub meet and their controlling to neediness ratio is in sync then the relationship works.

    slavesarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slavesarah,
    Yes...that is what I mean by it being a conundrum. I find a large majority of the relationship aspects to be quite confusing. So...You want A. B. and C. and in return I get negative one? I sometimes thing this may simply be an issue of male vs. female communication...or perhaps even really good Dominants do not understand that within a submissive, once a need is being fed it does not necessarily mean it is grown up and ready to fly the coop but may still have need of being nurtured to a maturity that allows it to stand on its own. This is not to imply that all D/s relationships will work in this manner. However it causes me to wonder if what a Dominant sees as needy is not merely the very thing that drew them to want to control the submissive in the first place.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily
    I don't think this makes you needy, I think it makes you worth enslaving.
    Few real Dommes or Doms want a submissive who has no mind or desire or ambition, it is the spirit of another girl that we desire as well as her body. you show wonderful spirit Emily, never change.
    jayne
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you please!